Saturday, March 5, 2011

Birthright Love



One day I was in the backyard with the kids, snapping pictures of them in the fading autumn afternoon, my heart so full with their beauty, yet haunted by a love which has yet to be. I felt ashamed--almost--for sensing this coming love, and wanting it. Afterall, I have so much love already. And yet.

I decided to turn the camera on myself. I laid very still in the cool grass, feeling the pull of a fate I know in my bones is coming like a tide, pulling me into its center. Then I looked deep into the lens at that fate, that love. And I snapped the shutter.

3 comments:

  1. your lovely, loving face brought a smile to my own this evening... what a sweet surprise to see you looking back as the computer screen came into focus/finished downloading. your eyes are filled with possibilities and the thrill of your life...an inspiration. it must be quite an honor to feel fate pulling you to its center. i send love and light to you my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jennifer, thank you for your sweet and dear comment, which has brought a smile. i am bashful, but must ask: who are you? i know quite a few jennifers--all of them lovely, in fact, but would like to know precisely which lovely jennifer you indeed are. blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dance my dear, dear friend... Continue to feel the rhythm of life

    Cb

    ReplyDelete